BeAbove World Wide Institute Inc. is a nonprofit children’s organization that provides quality Center Based and Home Based childcare for families in the Queens, Brooklyn and Bronx communities. Our schools support all aspects of children’s growth and development in a safe and nurturing environment. BeAbove provides a sound educational foundation for children’s academic growth. Our program provides comprehensive services for children and their families in keeping with our philosophy that the caregiver is the child’s primary teacher.
All positions are 12-months. Work hours are 7:30 am-4:30 pm.
Requirements for Lead Teacher Position:
· Must have a minimum of a 12 credits in Early Childhood Education or be currently enrolled in an Associate Degree program or greater in the field of Education.
· Master’s degree or BA/BS degree in Early Childhood Education or related field is a plus.
· Professional State Certification in Early Childhood Education B-2 or Disabilities ECE B-2 (preferred)
· Experience working with children (ages 2-5). (Preferably in a childcare or school setting)
· 1 to 2 years’ experience with children ages 2-3
· Familiarity with Head Start/Early Head Start, the Creative Curriculum, preschool assessments, creating lesson plans, behavior management and early childhood practices.
· Must be willing to complete paperwork including lesson plans, child assessments, child daily logs and classroom logs
· Additional center/school requirements may apply
Requirements for Teacher Assistant Position:
· Must be 18 years of age and a High School graduate
· 12 credits or more in Early Childhood Education preferred but not mandatory
· Child Development Associates Credential certificate or proof of enrollment in CDA Program
· Experience working with children ages 2-5 . (Preferably in a childcare or school setting)
· Must be willing to assist the Lead Teacher with paperwork and be a team player.