BeAbove World Wide Institute Inc. is a nonprofit children’s organization that provides quality Center Based and Home Based childcare for families in the Queens, Brooklyn and Bronx communities. Our schools support all aspects of children’s growth and development in a safe and nurturing environment. BeAbove provides a sound educational foundation for children’s academic growth. Our program provides comprehensive services for children and their families in keeping with our philosophy that the caregiver is the child’s primary teacher.
This is a 12-month position
Requirements for Home Visitor Position:
· Must be willing to travel within the Queens area daily (mostly around Corona)
· Must be 18 years of age and a High School graduate
· Bilingual in Spanish required
· Have a minimum of a home-based child development associate (CDA) or comparable credential, or an associate's or bachelor's degree in Early childhood Education
· Experience working with children ages 6 months-3 years old
· Plan and attend weekly home visits for up to 12 children & attend socialization groups 2x per month
· Conducting parent interviews and family needs assessments.
· Conducting developmental screening and assessments.
· Providing families with developmentally appropriate activities and information designed to enhance the child's intellectual, social-emotional, motor, and language abilities.
· Assisting with recruiting and enrolling eligible families in the program.
· Providing program parents with guidance on home safety, nutrition, effective discipline, constructive play activities, and other related topics.
· Providing information on community and agency services and referring families to community resources
· Build respectful, culturally responsive, and trusting relationships with families